Once you know where you will have your ceremony and reception, what kind of décor and style you want, what flowers and cake sound good, and the rest of the seemingly infinite items on any bride and grooms to-do list, it’s time to do the fun part. Yes, cake tasting and planning a menu filled with your favorite foods can be a little fun, but what could be more fun than planning that illustrious first dance? The moves will be incredible, and your family and friends will surely cheer you on as you bust a move with your new spouse, but before you allow yourself to get carried away by the beat of the music, you should really pick your song first.
The song you choose can say a lot about who you are as a couple, and you’ll want to make it a good one since the whole room will be stopped to watch you. A fast and hilarious choreographed routine might be just the thing to express your wild passion for one another, while other couples may prefer to focus on the more tender moments through traditionally slow or waltz-style routines. To help get you started, if you’re stranded in the musical darkness, here are a few of the most popular wedding first dance songs, including some modern jams you know you already love as well as a few classics you just can’t ignore.
- Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran
- At Last by Etta James
- You Are the Best Thing by Ray LaMontagne
- A Thousand Years by Christina Perri
- Perfect by Ed Sheeran
- Marry Me by Train
- Faithfully by Journey
- Stand By Me by Ben E. King
- If I Ain’t Got You by Alicia Keys
- Everything by Michael Buble
- With You I Am by Cody Johnson
- All of Me by John Legend
- Wherever You Will Go by Charlene Soraia
- Yours (wedding edition) by Russell Dickerson
- Make You Feel My Love by Adele
- Come Away With Me by Norah Jones
- First Day of My Life by Bright Eyes
- Can’t Help Falling In Love by Elvis Presley
- Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton
- What A Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong
Whatever you’re thinking for your first dance, just know that it will most likely be incredible simple because let’s face it, your wedding really isn’t about the song or the dance, it’s about you as a couple and the love you share. That’s all that matters and that’s all that anyone will remember including you, so just relax and have some fun with it. It will be perfect. If you’re looking to plan a wedding, give one of our wedding event coordinators a call at 586.930.5400 to make an appointment to view Metro Detroit’s premier wedding chapel. Your dream wedding is just a phone call away.